Tuesday, October 11, 2005

RAOK Discovery

Roundabout Exit 151, the weather has been reminiscent of these immortal lines:

          The sun did not shine.
          It was too wet to play.
          So we sat in the house
          All that cold, cold, wet day.

When I came home this evening, what should be waiting on the doorstep but – no, not the Cat in the Hat – an RAOK from Bethanie of the overflowing creativity and generosity!

RAOK from Bethanie!

Inside the box: two skeins of black Elann Peruvian Collection Highland Wool, three pretty pencils, Au Lait Bath Soak ("with soothing milk protein"), a nifty zip container just the right size for a take-along project (not pictured, because it caused too much camera flare), and a sweet card with a picture of a barefoot sock knitter, looking very pensive. Hm, she looks a bit like she's eyeing my wool.

I've never used Highland Wool, but it reminds me of the (sadly) discontinued Mission Falls 1824 Wool. This is a great discovery – I have a stack of old Mission Falls patterns! [Happy dance ensues.]

Thank you, Bethanie, you really made my day!!!

4 comments:

bethanie said...

you are very welcome! I'm glad you like everything!

Anonymous said...

Dianne from Yarnware:


I think just the Mission Falls cotton is disc. not the wool--I will check with lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi again Ina

Now that I thought about it Mission Falls is closing -- so you are correct. I have a nice stash of their cotton.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne,

Thanks for checking. Sad, but true. :(