Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Scarf Has Arrived

My Scarf Exchange scarf arrived today! It's a clever combination of pale green MC knit together with a ladder yarn with rungs the colors of irridescent peacock feathers. I love the sassy flash amid the coolness.

My Scarf Exchange scarf  :)

My new scarf is soft and drapey and not too warm – perfect for in-between weather. The pattern is a pleasingly random stockinette and reverse stockinette stripe, so it's reversible. It's an excellent length – just right to wear coiled round the neck or doubled.

Also in the package was a tube of Healing Garden Relax Therapy All Day Moisture Body Lotion, in lavender. Hm, someone's been paying attention. I love lavender. [Pause to smooth some on.] Happiness!

Thank you, Scarf Pal! I think I know who you are (in which case our disparate likes and dislikes help balance the cosmos) but I'll wait for you to reveal yourself.

[Added 10/06/05: My Scarf Pal has revealed herself: Jena, the Yarn Harpy, who is enjoying an enviable lucky streak.]

2 comments:

Yeah So said...

Scarf is very pretty. Nice to find a blogger on the east coast...I'm on LI. New to knitting and blogging and checking everyone out.

Anonymous said...

I'm Jena, the yarn harpy (what a nickname - thanks to my *darling* bf). :)
I was given such a broad palette - anything that goes with black! I decided to go with my favorite colors in hopes that you'd like it too. It took me a while to get started because I wanted to do something drop-stitch without being too much like all the new drop stitch patterns out there, so I opted to use size 11 (the yarn called for 8-9) needles for big loose stitches instead. The pattern is completely random, though. I'd sit at S'n'B and just throw a row of purls in every now and then.

I hope it keeps you warm (but not too warm!) this winter and that the lavender lotion helps ward off the harsh effects of an East Coast winter! (I live in Northeast MA, so I know how brutal it can get!)