Wednesday, November 22, 2006

T-Day Spinning

Happy Thanksgiving! The long weekend invariably is a nonstop whirlwind roundabout Exit 151, so let me wish everyone a happy, bountiful, and safe holiday now.

Were I as organized as some, I'd have yummy homemade pies to show off. As it is, I'm not and I don't (maybe later), but here's some 2-ply sample skeins (20-30 m) spun from my Kool-Aid dyed fiber for the Twisted Knitters DSK-Along.

Sample skeins

From left to right, Finn from the space-dyed top, Merino from the watercolor roving, Merino from the colorwheel roving, and Finn from the ombré top. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the Finn has nice sproing and a lovely lustrous sheen (I begin to understand why it's one of Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' favorite fibers) and the Merino is soft and lofty.

More pix to come on the other side of the weekend. My bicycle club has an annual T-Day spin to see the parade. Let's hope for calm weather – if sustained winds are over 23 mph (37 kph) or if gusts are over 34 mph (54 kph), then the giant balloons won't fly (and the ride over the George Washington Bridge will be bracing, to say the least!). At this hour the sky looks ominous – this year's Inflation Night, tonight in Central Park, is shaping to be a wild one.

2 comments:

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

What pretty little skeins. I joined the DSK along also but I think I'm going to skip the dyeing part and go straight to the spinning =)

--Deb said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too . . . I hope the weather behaves. It's been interesting this evening! Gorgeous sunset (really, really gorgeous) and yet--some rain and sleet, too . . . Don't get blown off the GW bridge!