Monday, January 8, 2007

Stealth Spinning

It occurs to me that stealth project posts are shorter, and duller, than non-stealth project posts. Also perhaps just a bit... twee? precious? silly? antithetical to the entire reason for blogging? Whatever. At the risk of a spoiler if you're in the Spin to Knit exchange, click on the images to see what I'm blathering on about. Or not, as it pleases you.

S2K stealth photo 1


I've been spindling away on a lovely Grafton Fibers Merino batt for my S2K pal. It's been a surprise how fast it's going. Either spinning the horrible hairy BFL was purgatorial transformational and I've become wicked fast or the GF batt is magical. I'm inclined to believe the latter - the batt drafts like flowing water! Its colors are gorgeous and they're so clear and distinct that the singles is marled. (I'm gobsmacked. Nothing I've spun before does that.) The marling is beguiling – and it makes it easy to measure twist angle, too. I can't wait to see how it plies up.

S2K stealth photo 2


See what I mean? Short and dull. (Maybe an improvement over the usual, lol.) What do you think? Yes, lose the twee! No, keep the precious...? Feel free to comment.

3 comments:

Bee said...

ooh pretty pretty. I am now drooling on my keyboard... I am trying to resist the urge to go look at that seller so I dont buy more fiber... Wish me luck. The spinning looks incredible!=)!

--Deb said...

It looks great. Isn't that hiding thing the worst part about doing the secret-stealthy thing??

Becky said...

Beautiful fiber and great yarn! I, too, am resisting running over to order some of that precious.