Sunday, November 14, 2010

Of Two Minds

After pondering the merits (and pitfalls) of Mitten Tree mittens, I turned to ruminating on Mitten Tree hats. I wanted the sort of gift hat that would make the recipient feel happy and NOT as if dressed from the bottom of the charity bin. Then I saw a publicity still from Deathly Hallows I and thought, "I could un-vent something like that."

Hermione and Harry

I channeled the spirit of EZ and knit up a child-sized reasonable likeness, and was happy.

Reasonable likeness

Then I saw another photo of Emma Watson, presumably in character (albeit blonde), sporting a hat that looks rather different. The color isn't the issue – it's the texture.



Knowing how persnickety Potterheads can be about verisimilitude, now I'm stricken with renewed indecision. Which hat is in the movie? Either? Neither?? Both??? Could this be – gasp! – a continuity error? Guess I'll have to wait 'til I see the movie – I'm sure I'll be very distracted whenever knitwear is on the screen.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

I think yours is dead on for that first picture. I'm not sure what's going on with the second picture though. Why is her head so padded looking? If she had the early-Hermoine hair, I'd buy the padded nature of her noggin, but in the second picture it looks like she might be wearing another hat underneath.

Heather said...

I think the hat in the 2nd Hermione pic is inside out.