Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Radio Silence

Sorry about the blog going dark, I've been a bit busy and a lot tired. I got no new knitting to show off, although I do have this curiosity, an unclaimed custom-made box bag.

Box bag

I've had custom orders hit snags before, but this is a first. The bag was my contribution to the prize pool for the Free Up Your Needles knit-along, which concluded August 31. Originally I offered its winner a sock monkey with bananas lining project bag, but she wanted lighthouses and whatnot, so I obtained nautical fabrics for the outside and lining of the bag. The finished object is my variation on the pattern – it has two handles, two pull tabs, all raw edges are finished, and its contrast lining forms a zipper guard to protect projects from snagging. Huh, anchors... ironic.

Box bag open

The box bag is ready to hop in the mail, free and clear – the winner just has to supply a mailing address.

No comments: