Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Gone

At casa Jersey Knitter there's been yet another difficult period of time spent traveling too much, being away too much, and generally being gone. I'm exhausted.

Although I'm still minimally crafting, just small projects. With all the to-ing and fro-ing I've been doing the key pouch I was using began crumbling. To prevent my keys from abrading the lining of my purse, I keep them in a pouch so they can abrade that instead. Apparently it was working.

Old plastic key pouch

So I crocheted a new one during a plane ride, I forget which one. It helped pass the time productively. Not to mention the old one was plastic (boo!) and the new one is cotton (yay!). There's no pattern, and I've not posted it to Ravelry, even though it's the first FO of 2016.

New cotton key pouch

On another plane ride I was surprised to be served a free snack and even more surprised that it was a tasty stroopwafel.

Stroopwafel

I can't remember the last time I had a tasty free snack on a plane. I suppose given the airlines aren't reducing fares and fees despite the markedly lower cost of fuel they can well afford to throw passengers a tidbit now and again... which tidbit this passenger promptly nibbled until it was all gone.

No comments: