Friday, July 22, 2016

Another Week That Was

Another week, another tragedy. Sigh. To cheer myself up from the horror, I retreated to the pleasant fantasy that is the Tour de Fleece and attempted ply-on-the-fly...



... using a bit of leftover Zarzuela's Fibers SW Merino, colorway Santa's Coming!

Zarzuela's Fibers SW Merino, colorway Santa's Coming!

It took me a while to get used to the three steps forward, two steps back process. So far I like the result well enough, not as sure about the process. I'm going to suspend judgment and spin a bit more.

To pass the time while watching the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, I started my July Camp Loopy project, Simple Straight Skirt by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas. Soon I had half a skirt. Much to my surprise, it resembled a reasonable facsimile of a skirt. I'm not sure why I should be surprised, but I am.

Half a skirt

Unhappily, the bad news just kept on coming. During the RNC I received word that a beloved friend and mentor passed away suddenly. Which officially makes this a Rough Patch. Sigh.

No comments: