Friday, May 19, 2006

Jungle Stripe Smackdown

Let intrepid knitters rush in where Broadway angels fear to tread! Tarzan (the musical) isn't exactly swinging for the fences – the King of the Jungle is no darling of the critics. So with apologies to Franklin, here's a Friday smackdown: Who shall be Queen of the Jungle Stripe? Stripe toe or solid toe? You be the judge.

Sisters, before ambition came between them

Kindly note that despite the vivid language, this "smackdown" is nonviolent. But not without consequences. The losing toe will be [gasp!] frogged and re-knit to match the winning toe. This jungle isn't big enough for two Queens – one toe is gonna go!


Who should be Queen of the Jungle Stripe?
Stripe toe
Solid toe
Dunno
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com


The poll will stay open until Wednesday evening feeding time roundabout Exit 151.

Yarn Pirate, my excellent SP6 pal who gifted me with the yarn, predicted that one skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in colorway Jungle Stripe would be sufficient for anklet socks. Sure enough, there's enough yarn for a pair even without contrast heels and toes, at least for my size feet. So the choice between stripe toe and solid toe is purely esthetic, rather than out of necessity.

Apart from the toes, these socks have another small nicety: mirror-image stitch patterning, because handknitters can.

Mirror images, because handknitters can

Incidentally, my paid image host is becoming more restrictive and is demanding more shoutouts, perhaps not the best business model for increased consumer satisfaction. Maybe it's time to make some changes. Because, hey, it's a jungle out there.

2 comments:

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

FUNKAY!!! Really, those are fab and I love them, brava! I love the stitch pattern and I think the yarn works really well. I've got an odd skein of LL's two color 'stripes' yarn somewhere, so I may have to make a pair.

I voted for the solid toe :-)

Melanie said...

I love those socks, I'm not sure which toe I like so I'll think about it before I vote. Blogger does its own photo hosting now so that might be an option for you...