Friday, May 12, 2006

Telcom Down

I've been having all kinds of telcom problems this week. If it weren't enough that my hardware is pretty much at the level of a hamster running on a wheel, there are Verizon trucks with giant spools of optical wire all over the neighborhood. No doubt that means I'll have super service in a week or two, but right now I get a dial tone maybe once in five tries and my ISP is running at 9600 bps. That's slower than most cell phones.

So it was only this evening that I noticed the hamster wheel has been spinning super-fast all day. Welcome, Mason-Dixon readers! If you came here looking for socks, you can find Ann, Kay, and the beaded rib with beads sock here and here; the Yarn Harlot and Diamond Patch socks here; Jungle Stripe socks here; and socks by my Sockapaloooza pal, Shannon, are here. There's a few socks at 200Sox as well.

That said, the current project not only is not socks, it's not even knitted. At least it's footwear-related.

Jute soles for espadrilles

More on the Interweave Crochet sandals in a bit, when normal telcom service has resumed. Meanwhile, I'm looking for my hairpin lace frame [sounds of rummaging].

No comments: