Friday, October 5, 2007

The Big Box

MyK1T2 Swap button Knit One, Tea Too swap package arrived in a big box – thank you, Cheryl! Do good things come in big boxes? Heh. Just have a peek at this lot (pictured against my mossy wall, to catch this morning's foggy outdoor light, in emulation of Kaffe Fassett). There's:





Yarn: Superwash fingering dyed by Cheryl herself, which I think wants to be Coriolis socks (another Cat Bordhi new pathway).Yarn
Tea: Wissotzky gunpowder green, Twinings oolong, Twinings lemon and ginger, Tea of Life passionfruit.Tea
Tea treats: Kate Reilly Blarney Scone mix, Trappist strawberry preserves, Anna's ginger thins, tea biscuits.Treats
Handmade items: treasure bag containing stitch markers and hard candies (I love how they look like marbles) and an intriguing felted hotpad.Handmade
Tea accessory: Mug adorned with orchids and hummingbirds.Mug
Et cetera, et cetera: wax melts and fall-themed teapot burner, pink initial sticky notes (it's not easy to find my initial!), teapot recipe cards, organizer, fall-themed "kitchen in a bag."Et cetera


Thanks also go to swap organizers Mary, Channon, and especially to my groupmom Devonshire.

Now, it's time for a tea party!

5 comments:

SissySees said...

Wonderful package!! Thanks for the kind words for your hostesses. We've tried to make this a grand swap for all.

mamarara said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed everything. This was my first swap like this and I wanted to make a good impression. I will not be at Rhineback but my sister will and she is playing Bingo. She will be the one carring her orange bag that I also made for her.(sewn)

knitseashore said...

What an awesome exchange! I love tea so I know receiving that box must have been like Christmas!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

That mug is devine, so pretty! What a nice package you received.

Mary said...

Great package! Glad that you enjoyed our party!