Friday, July 2, 2010

Yipes, Stripes

There's never a dull moment roundabout Exit 151. Among other oddities, it would seem I can see Russian spies from my house. Who knew? Since every sock deserves a brush with notoriety, I took my singleton conference sock to have a gawp at "Russia House."

Lupin sock at Russian spy house

If gentle readers are politely unimpressed by this throwback to the Cold War, how's this for news: I finally finished Skew by Lana Holden. They look well enough, but they're not a good fit on my Frankenfeet. For the moment their novelty outweighs their shortcomings, but I may yet frog 'em.

Skew socks

My 1776 cycling socks are also finished. I plan to wear them in the 4th of July parade, which is on the 5th this year.

1776 cycling socks

Meanwhile, the big fireworks display in the park is this evening. Um, Happy 4th, if and whenever you celebrate!

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, I had to giggle at the Kathleen O'Brien column this weekend in the Star Ledger--well just the part where it surmises why they moved to Montclair from Hoboken. ;-)