Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yup, I'm Up

Tonight I'm staying up late to record a midnight cast on of a currently underappreciated pattern, Llama Llama Duck by Adrienne Fong, worked in Spunky Eclectic Skinny Sock for the BBK LLD KAL and also for February Sockdown. Here's the photographic evidence.

At 11:44 p.m. EST on January 31, I'm watching David Letterman, needles are down, everything is lined up and ready to go.

Before cast on

My progress as of 12:56 a.m. EST on February 1. Jimmy Fallon seems duly impressed. Either that, or he's mocking emulating Rob Ford.

Llama Llama Duck in progress with Jimmy Fallon

My sock is project #15, it says so on the screenshot.

Proof of project number

I trust that's adequate documentation.

As long as I'm up and alonging, here's a photo of my recently completed Moulin Rouge by Kirsten Kapur, worked in Classic Elite Yarns Fresco.

Moulin Rouge FO

I'm not feeling very chatty at this hour, but do want to mention I really enjoyed this pairing of pattern and yarn. The pico cast on was fun and the short-row shaping graceful, a nice match for the soft, slightly limp, slightly fuzzy yarn. More a bit later.

No comments: