Wednesday, December 31, 2014

One Last Sock

Behold the Singleton Socks of Shame! During the year three socks came down from the clothesline of shame, none went up for a total of seven Socks of Shame at year end 2014. Not too shabby – this tough year is tied with 2011 and 2012 for the lowest number of singletons of shame.

Singleton Socks of Shame, year end 2014

Singleton Socks of Shame 2014, left to right: Meadowlands, Fawkes, Julesokker, Love Me Knot, Clouds, Chain Link, Hanauma Bay.


I was very tempted to try to finish the Hanauma Bay pair and set a new record, but common sense prevailed. While I've sometimes willingly complicated my life, lately there have been so many involuntary complications that a space for grace makes for greater peace and happiness. I did finish my Ixslein socks for November Sockdown, and it is they that have the honor of being the last FO of the year.

Ixslein FOs

On the Asian calendar 2015 is the Year of the Sheep, which would seem to bode well for crafters. May it be so! See you next year!!

Edited to correct the last digit of the new year, oops.

1 comment:

Ladona said...

I love your annual Singleton Socks of Shame post.

But I notice that there were several socks that have made their appearance for a number of years.

Not that I should talk, since I recently celebrated dropping from 21 WIP's to 19, by starting something new.