Saturday, May 28, 2016

In the Bag

It's Memorial Day weekend in the U.S., a time of solemn commemoration and also the unofficial start of summer. Some years it's hot, some years it's not. This year it's hot roundabout Exit 151, and the summery weather got me in the mood to make some summery knit-along plans... although not too many. Here's what's in the bag so far (bag purchased at MDS&W and autographed by 2016 Catalog Cover Art Competition winner Maria Victoria Savka).

2016 MDS&W tote bag

June is Camp Loopy 2016. Pirates are involved. The prep was a bit bumpy – I mis-read the rules but was set straight in time by a helpful fellow-camper (thank you, Nickiknitz!) so had to order more yarn (woe). Anyway, I plan to knit a Chilkat cowl using Manos del Uruguay Serena in colorways 2590 Natural, 2446 Chambray, and 2550 Seal.

Yarn for Chilkat cowl

July is the Tour de Fleece, July 2-24. As I find it helpful to check in with congenial teammates (YMMV), I'll be spindling with the Sock Madness team, Team Madness Forever 2016. The current plan is to spin up some MDS&W loot, Paco-Vicuña fiber from Victory Farm. I neglected to post a photo of my MDS&W loot – the festival was a hurried but happy last minute add-on to a busyness trip, and posting photos similarly has been something of an afterthought. Here ya go.

2016 MDS&W loot

The 2016 MDS&W haul: two T-shirts, Victory Farm Paco-Vicuña, Just Our Yarn Aziza 5/2 Tencel, Persimmon Tree Farm Piggy Toes SW. Plus the proverbial bag pictured above.

Depending on how my June project goes, I may essay a July Camp Loopy project as well. But, don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

August is the Ravellenic Games, August 5-21. I love the Ravellenics, but have been increasingly disenchanted with the Olympics™, not only because of rampant cheating and corruption but also because of the organizers' breezy disregard of the public health risk posed by the Zika virus. I may participate in the Ravellenics but boycott the Olympics™, and may even double-dip and go for a Camp Loopy project trifecta.

To be continued....

No comments: