Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Holiday Sox Exchange Questionnaire

Greetings, Holiday Sox Pal! I'm excited to be in another sock exchange. One of my favorite parts of Alison's great Sockapal-2-za sock exchange was all the beautiful WIP photos – it's so wonderful and amazing to see all the creativity and thoughtfulness out there.

I'm looking forward to getting started. In the meantime, here's my questionnaire and responses.

1. What are your foot measurements?
Using Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' method: circumference 8 in (20.3 cm); length 9.25 in (23.5 cm).

2. Do you have a favorite sock yarn?
Nope.

3. Is there a specific pattern you favor?...lace or ribbed?
I heart texture! Please feel free to select your choice – or not. I usually wear handknit socks with clogs, so a reinforced (sl st) heel is not necessary (and a fancy heel is fun).

4. What colors do you prefer? Do you like solids or stripes?
I'm not too keen on neon brights; otherwise, please select colors and/or patterns that make you happy. IMO, holiday socks don't need to be identical twins; a strong family resemblance is enough.

5. Do you have any allergies to a specific fiber?
Rabbit angora (fortunately very rare in socks!).

6. Holiday that you usually celebrate?
Christmas (December 25). Also New Year's (January 1) and Lunar New Year's (in 2006, January 29).

I hope having knitter's choice (more or less) is fun and liberating, but if more guidance or structure is helpful, feel free to email me at the address in the sidebar.

Incidentally, after hinting there would be s'more, Alison has announced there definitely will be another round of Sockapalooza in the new year. More reasons to celebrate! [Very big grin]

No comments: