Sunday, September 7, 2014

Comforting

As crazed as my year has been, there's a wonderfully comforting continuity in the process of going from fiber (beauteous Gale's Art undyed Blue Face Leicester)...

Fiber and spindle

... to yarn (240 yds of strangely kinky 2-ply S-spun, Z-plied)...

Yarn

... to swatch (Tvåändsstickning motifs from Rossling by Leslie Comstock)...

Tvåändsstickning swatch

... to entry for the the Garden State Sheep & Fiber Festival skein competition (Challenge Class 14: Textile Yarn Swatch).

Competition entry

I can hardly believe it's been eight years since I last competed. And I'm astonished and elated to have come home this year with First in Class and Best of Show ribbons.

First in Class, Best of Show

The words of wisdom from EZ have never seemed truer to me: "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."

No comments: