Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Back from Croatan

That was weird. The blog went missing last night. Perhaps it was abducted by space aliens (that'll learn me to keep so many UFOs buzzing roundabout Area 151). Judging from the chronometer, after about six hours in a parallel dimension, it migrated. Now it has some shiny new implants features, notably Labels, which are similar to TypePad Categories. [ETA: Comments are cooler now, too.] Otherwise it seems unchanged. All in all, migration was not so bad.

Unloved multi-directional scarf   Frogged scarf

During the lost time one UFO, an unloved multi-directional scarf, morphed into a shoulder wrap, Tie One On by nona. Her clever pattern comes in three flavors; I picked the Mellow Green version and used Stacy Charles Ritratto in colorway 64 for the MC and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in colorway 630 Fondant for the CC. Here it is with the body finished but without the ties.

Tie One On wrap

Tie One On is one of those garments that look better, well, tied on than photographed flat, but my photography assistant took the day off and went on a three-hour cruise in the Bermuda Triangle. I knit to gauge; next time I'd make it slightly bigger for more ease. Just a personal preference – the pattern is fine as written.

I'd make more of these useful wraps, but I'm pretty sure Santa has a lace book in his sleigh, so am holding off casting on. In the meantime, I'm going to try to add labels to old posts. Let me know if you notice anything amiss – broken links, missing photos, strange RSS feeds, split infinitives, alien spawn, etc.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

It was good meeting you too!

Have a happy holiday!

Oh, and I've tagged you for the Weird Things meme.