Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fall Bounty

Today was summer-hot, yet the autumn equinox has come and gone and with it the end of Summer of Socks. I've been trying to upload my wrap up post, but Blogger ate it. (Sigh. I'll keep trying.) In the meantime this will have to suffice. It's the yarn prize for the SOS Design Contest.

Prize yarn

It truly is prize yarn. I literally gasped when I received the package! From left to right:
Perchance to Knit 80/20 Merino/Cashmere in colorway Raspberry Mouse (with coordinating jeweled stitch marker!);

Yarn Botanika Radiance (Superwash Merino and Tencel) from One Planet Yarn & Fiber;

Tausendschon Handgefärbte Sockenwolle (75% Superwash wool, 25% polyamid) in colorway Flecktarn;

and from Wool Girl,

Union Center Knits Whatnot Sock (75% Superwash wool, 25% nylon) in colorway Fishy (with a stitch marker, labels, and smooch stickers), and

Miss Babs Superwash Sock & Baby (100% wool) in colorway Purples II.

MY SnB can attest to how many longing sighs I expend over indie sock yarn! This yarn will be loveloveloved.

My humble thanks go to judges Jessica, Wendy, and Lisa, to the generous sponsors, to Risa, whose crazy computer skillz facilitated pattern publication, to gentle readers for their kind words about Meadowlands Socks, and to Cat Bordhi, whose New Pathways gave me the brainwave for the pattern. If I haven't emailed you to express individual thanks, it's only because I don't have your email addy.

Meanwhile, fruit has started falling off my neighbor's persimmon tree. They're charming little things, the native wild persimmon, not an exotic cultivated variety. Here's one of the windfalls with my LiveStrong wristband for scale.

Fallen persimmon

I'm not sure they're fully ripe yet, but not to worry...

Persimmons on tree

... there's plenty more.

8 comments:

Wool Girl said...

WOW! You hit the jackpot with these gorgeous yarns! Well deserved too! :) wp

Sweet Camden Lass said...

Well done!

Your sock patterns are glorious: I want to knit both the palooza ones and the SOS ones

~x~

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous yarns - very nice prize!

Zarzuela said...

Glad you are so happy with your haul. You deserve it! Enjoy!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

What fab prize yarn! I was droolingover the new Perchance to Knit that the Loopy Ewe recently put up. I love that each skein comes with a stitch marker. I have some Union Center sock yarn and it is ALIVE with color. Persimmon pudding , perhaps?

CrazyFiberLady said...

Great yarn-y gift package!!! You seriously deserved it. My computer skillz are nothing in the face of a gorgeous sock design!

Oh speaking of sock yarn, I finally found that skein of that Magic Stripe in Jelly Bean. You still want it?

--Deb said...

Gosh that stuff is pretty. Congratulations!

Calling on Kahlo said...

The yarn is gawgeous! Congratulations!