Saturday, December 20, 2014

TGIF

Gentle readers, I knit on of course. It did seem this ill-fated yarn could use extra mojo, so last Friday I cast on for Friday Harbor from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. Because somehow that makes a difference. While I generally don't care for heavyweight socks, I've always liked this pattern and the yarn, DK-weight KFI Indulgence 6-ply, wasn't doing anything else.

Friday Harbor socks in progress

Despite a few alarums and interruptions, progress was quick, particularly as I decided to make shortie socks with flip-flop toes. That was fun.

Friday Harbor socks modeled

The allocation of stitches for the divide was 36% big toe, 64% all others. Considerably more equitable than the crumbs the 1% deign to let trickle down. The four-toe pocket decreases were worked pretty much like one side of a wedge toe. Each big toe was worked differently – I'm not yet sure which one I like better.

The pair was knit for December Sockdown. I can't remember the last time I finished a Sockdown challenge in the same month I started... indeed (::cough::), I can't remember the last time I finished a Sockdown challenge on time, period. All I can say is TGIF and dare one hope for many more?

(Edited to add: Ravelry remembers! The last time I finished a Sockdown challenge on time was Honeybadger in June 2012, the last time I finished a Sockdown challenge in the same month I started it was Winter Garden in January 2012. Figures. The time between then and now is a great morass of family unhappiness, sigh, and that has had its impact on knitting, as on all things.)

No comments: