Tuesday, June 7, 2016

NJ Primary Election Day 2016

Today is Primary Election Day in the Garden State. NJ polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Find voter information here.

Howabout some patriotic irises from the Presby Iris Garden in honor of the day.

Red iris   White iris   Blue iris

Most presidential election years the NJ primary falls so late in the season that it's a dullish affair, of interest only to pols and wonks, but this is no ordinary year. As I've said many times off the blog in real life, one year ago when so many hopefuls were traipsing around Iowa, I never would have predicted what has indeed come to pass.

I plan to add to this post as the day proceeds. Back in a bit.

Noon-ish: When I voted, the poll workers told me turnout so far was heavy. I like that. That AP has essentially declared the primary irrelevant, not so much.

Dinner-ish: Judging from how feverishly the TV pundits are chattering, it's going to be a long night. The big prize of the day delegate-wise is California but NJ votes first.

Close of polls in NJ: Or possibly not, at least not in NJ.

Close of polls in California: It is going to be a long night, I'm going to bed.

Next day: It turns out not a lot changed while I slept. Indeed, the primary results don't seem to have mattered in certain respects. Ah well, at least I exercised my right to vote and got some knitting done.

3 Color Cashmere Cowl wip

Rather like the political season, the 3 Color Cashmere Cowl has reached the endless tube o' doom stage. But onward.

No comments: