Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Sweets and Defeats

Happy New Year! It's unusually cold and unusually snowy roundabout Exit 151... and I'm starting 2018 with a catch up from the Old Year. There's 2017 sweets...

Cara Cara Orange Pâte de Fruit

Food in Jars December challenge: Cara Cara Orange Pâte de Fruit. Cute, tasty, exotic, and too full of sugar and soluble fiber. I'm glad I tried making them, don't think I'll make them again.


... and 2017 defeats...

Socks of Shame 2017

Singleton Socks of Shame 2017, left to right, oldest to newest: Meadowlands, Fawkes, Julesokker, Love Me Knot, Chain Link, Hanauma Bay, handspun Queen of Diamonds, Twisted Madness, Dropping Madness.


... and even a bit of culture.

Yogurt

Food in Jars November challenge: Yogurt made in a mason jar and cooler. So good, I may never buy commercial yogurt again.


There's so much more that could be said, but right now I'd rather not re-tread old soles. Instead, onward to the first foot!

No comments: