Friday, July 31, 2020

Bandwidth Exceeded

The light is dim today, but I want to document a timely FO for July Camp Loopy. Behold Water by Sylvia McFadden, knit in Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stopper, colorway Koi Pond. I'll do a beauty shot later, suffice to say now that I love the fish-scale short row lenses. Six of them! Such fun to knit and ogle.
Water FO, blocking
I've mostly missed the uproar over the new Ravelry design that led to this post from Jessica. That's not a request for breadcrumbs, nor a declaration of uncaring. It's simply an acknowledgement that I can't be everywhere at once, so am not informed.

Then there's the straightforward, sad announcement (and followup) from Cat Bordhi that she's dying of cancer, would welcome supportive email, asks that project photos be tagged #4catbordhi, and offers a free unpublished pattern, Rio Calina Cowl, as a lesson in letting go and a generous parting gift to knitting friends. The pattern link keeps displaying Bandwidth Exceeded, which so aptly describes how I feel right now.

No comments: