Sunday, July 12, 2020

Fireworks and Water

And just like that, it's July.

Many of the usual Fourth of July festivities roundabout Exit 151 were canceled due to covid19, so a neighbor took it upon himself to put on a show with big aerial fireworks that barely cleared the trees. I like fireworks well enough, but it was loud, bright, and perfectly terrifying to experience them so close up.

July 4, 2020 fireworks

Happily no one got hurt, nothing was set on fire, and the next day in the blessèd peace and quiet I cast on Water by Sylvia McFadden, worked in Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stopper, colorway Koi Pond. I'm liking both pattern and yarn very much.

Water WIP

The project is for July Camp Loopy, Zoology section (koi pond, water). I decided to press on despite ::cough:: not finishing my June project. As one does. Onward.

No comments: