Sunday, February 6, 2022

And It's February

And just like that, it's February and three months since my last post. The last time I started a post with "And just like that..." it was August and I was knitting along for the 2020 2021 Summer Ravellenics.2022 Winter Ravellenic Games button Now I'm knitting along for the 2022 Winter Ravellenics on Team BBMF and registered for Sock Madness 16, to commence next month. Some things don't change much. In the U.S. we're starting Year Three of the coronavirus pandemic. The official death toll is over 900,000 – it's estimated 100,000 of those deaths were added in the eight weeks since December 12 due to the Omicron variant of the virus. No surprise, Thanksgiving and Christmas were difficult. And January brought a 5-slice French toast alert. Well, so much for catching up, on to February.

In the bleak midwinter it may seem callous or bizarre to speak of Internet knitting and pandemic in the same paragraph. But... that is where I am: still here, still pondering ways to checkmate nihilism, still considering the same socks. This time I intend to finish Invitation to the Dance for WIPs Dancing. After so much upheaval, there are two verities: I know where the singleton and the yarn are and it's not a bad thing to dance.

Invitation to the Dance singleton

This year I'm trying something new as well – Fiberuary Challenge 2022, which takes place on Instagram, curated by @CreativeCece. I still don't quite get Insta, maybe this will help. At the very least, it will be an impetus to take better photos and maybe it will inspire more frequent posts.

Fiberuary Challenge schedule

I'm already behindhand with posting, but I'm not going to worry about that. February is too short for worries!

No comments: