Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lemons

I got no new knitting content for you. Howabout I flash some stash?

Pile of green yarn

I do have a broken cell phone housing and a broken headlight housing. The phone broke when someone sat on my purse in a fit of willful stupidity. The headlight is a mystery. The car was parked and there's no damage to the bumper, just the headlight housing. Perhaps it's more willful stupidity.

Broken cell phone housing   Broken headlight housing

Oh well, when life hands you lemons, make lemon meringue tarts – you can feel like you're eating an entire pie in two bites.

Lemon meringue tarts

It occurs to me I used to use a pastry bag to pipe the meringue into miniature beehive hairdos on the tarts and now I just spoon it on and make bedhead tops. I don't know why, but that feels like progress – at least it's one less thing to wash.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Is that a yarn-y green tomato in your stash? The casual lemon tarts look delicious!

Bezzie said...

Shopping cart accident perhaps?? And the cart was wrangled back inside before you came out? That's odd.

Delish looking tarts!

Kim said...

Yummy tarts! The manual bedhead method is way better than the fussy pastry bag method. Speakign of lemons, I ate the most amazing lemon cake last night. Moist, lemony, sweet yet tart, perfect amount of frosting. Lemony-ness must be in the air.

~RaenWa~ said...

Nice stash you have there I am guessing that is only some not the whole thing. Not much of a lemon fan but lemon tarts sound kinda good.

Unknown said...

I love the colors of the yarns in your stash. Looks like you're ready for spring. The tomato almost looks felted amongst the yarn. Once upon a time I bought green tomato soap in Cape May somewhere . . .