Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Sense of (Re)Purpose

So. It's that time in the biennium for the Ravellenic Games. As a point of fact, the fibery games start tomorrow (unlike a certain trademarked™ international sporting event that shall not be named for which official competitionRavellenic Games 2018 button has already started) and I'm ::cough:: only now pondering what I'm doing. Advance planning has been quite the luxury lately at casa Jersey Knitter, so as short as the timeline may be, let me revel in it. Hmm... maybe I'll re-purpose the August project yarn from last summer's Camp Loopy, Cascade Hampton. The yarn was intended for a summer cardigan, Tailfeather by Heidi Kirrmaier, but it never got started or blogged (oops). Now I think I'd rather use it for something different – perhaps a different cardi or perhaps a twirly summer skirt.

Maybe a skirt

Looking back at the wreckage and UFOs of last year's camp, which started so full of promise and dinosaurs, made me realize I not only did not finish a single camp project, I also did not blog about not finishing anything. Sigh. It was that kind of summer, and fall as well, the sort that makes one barely able to plan dinner while whimpering, "The horror, the horror." Looking on the bright side, it means at the very least I have yarn, and fiber too, that could become... well, 'most anything. I think that's mostly a good thing. Why, my hibernating CeCe could transform into a twirly summer skirt too. There could be twirly goodness for a second occasion! Or, I suppose I could just finish the beastly thing.

Hibernating CeCe

Looking a bit farther ahead, all the way to next week, Wednesday is both Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday. Ordinarily I'm not big on observing either, but a convergence like that is a must-do. Those into penitence and fasting will be so conflicted – chocolate or no chocolate? To be continued....

No comments: