Friday, November 11, 2005

Kiss, Kiss

This morning on my front step there was a sure sign of the times: the last of Jack. Poor Jack. Hunger finally overcame caution for some beastie last night.

Photo of eaten pumpkin

Another sign: true blue Alison has started her annual holiday knit-along. The very idea terrifies me! For me, holiday knitting is worse than the Curse of the Boyfriend Sweater!!! [Hyperventilating] But far better to confront one's fears in community than alone [shutting eyes and clicking mouse] – I signed up.

So kiss Jack goodbye and say hello to Leslie Scanlon's Sparkly Kiss Cap from Handknit Holidays. Two of them, with some little friends (in fall colors, not red and green). That's the yew hedge behind them, aka the deer snack bar.

Photo of Sparkly Kiss Cap

I love these caps! These are worked in Lion Brand Glitterspun and are soft and non-scratchy. One skein and one evening is more than enough for one cap. The concept is so sweet... although DH didn't get it at first. Oh well.

[Still hyperventilating] That's two....

This year's Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is from Wayne, NJ (roundabout Exit 153). It's already set up in the place of honor but not yet decorated – to have look at it, see Tree Cam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hats are a hoot! I think I may have to cave in and make them, once the Weasley is done.