Saturday, March 31, 2012

Earth Hour 2012

Earth Hour 2012 is sweeping 'round the globe today.Earth Hour logo That means at 8:30 p.m. local time, all nonessential lights go out for one hour as a demonstration of environmental awareness.

This year Girl Scouts around the world are participating as part of their centennial Forever Green project. Because once a Girl Scout, forever green.

I'll post some images from the day in a bit. To start things off at 6:30 a.m. local time, here's the official video.



Back in a bit.

Posted a little after midnight: My Earth Hour knitting was Scylla, which also was my Sockdown sock. I wasn't sure I'd make the midnight deadline for Sockdown, especially considering this was how the second sock looked during Earth Hour.

Scylla during Earth Hour

But I squeaked in mere minutes before the deadline. I love Scylla.

Scylla FO

Better photos when there's better light. 'Night.

No comments: