Saturday, September 30, 2023

The Skies Are Cloudy All Day

Yesterday the region roundabout Exit 151 was awash in heavy rain and flash flooding, with some locations receiving what is ordinarily a month's worth of rain in a few hours from a storm characterized as smaller-scale. Welcome to the Anthropocene, when formerly 100-year weather events become both more common and harder to forecast. I stayed home (because I can) and worked on my Bonfire Crescent Shawl by Annie Lupton for the Yarnia Knit Collage MAL. Apologies for the bad-light photo, the sky today remains overcast.

Bonfire Crescent Shawl WIP

So far both the MC and the CC are thick-and-thin Spun Cloud which as its name suggests is light and soft. I'm not much liking knitting with it. I used the backwards-E cast on to reduce bulk and will carry the MC through the color changes without breaking it, also to reduce bulk. Theoretically it should be possible to spit-splice the MC and CCs together (except for Wildflower, of course), but I plan to splice the CC ends together instead to avoid weaving in. To be continued....

No comments: